Monday, February 26, 2007

Hey man! Nice shot!!! Sorry about that but Sirius has a new station called "90's Alternative" and they were playing that song!!!! AHHHHHH All this music reminds me of working at 106.5..... Being young and footloose!!! The good old days!!!! When I wasn't laid off all the time!!! ANYWAYS!!!! My friend Robert and I started working on the ditch bright and early on Saturday.... Let me tell ya! It's a huge difference when you have someone helping you..... If it was just me then there would probably just be one or two RR ties in place.... I tell ya!!!! I have some great friends. Not only did Robert help but I also received emails from my other friend Thompson. No that's not his first name. He is an arborist/environmental engineer/Dr. in something I think or he plays one on TV and an expert in fine beers....

The guy just knows everything!!!! He sent me a college thesis paper, I mean, a very detailed email explaining what I need to do to help the drainage and the way to build the wall.... The guy even drew up a diagram!!! Now granted, I didn't understand half of it but I think I gist of it....

So this is what Robert and I did on Saturday.


Sunday it rained all day so we didn't get down in the trenches because we both really didn't feel like getting all muddy....

Monday wasn't very productive either.... Everything was all muddy and I was sick of getting stuck in it.... SOOOOOOO This is what was done on this three day weekend..... I know it doesn't look like much but it's a start....

I also starting tearing up the section on the other side of the driveway... It isn't level and it just doesn't look right.... So I decided to tear it up and start over......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

much love for the pbr forties...
the working man's beer in a college student's quantity.

So I don't forget!!!!!!

  My EDDIE Van Halen/ General Lee theory is kinda stupid BUT it kinda resonates with A LOT of stuff in life!   OKIE DOKIE!!!!! Let's del...