Dare I say, it's too much of a good thing in the SUN room........
- March 1, 2016 The first thing I did was replace the ceiling fan. My friend Scott S. helped do that.
- March 1, 2016 Then we also started taking the stupid 'popcorn' off the ceiling. I think EVERY house built in the 80s and 90s, mine was built in 1997, had this CRAP.
- May 1, 2016 After consulting with many females, I painted it GRAY, it's actually called 'DARK ASH'. My cousin Chris calls it 'boiler room gray' HA!!
- May 9th, 2016 Ripped out the carpet.
- May 12, 2016 Secured a mount for the where a TV will go eventually.
- May 15, 2016 My neighbor Jimmy came over and showed me how to make sure the ceiling is all smooth to paint.
- May 19, 2016 Tiled a section and used some tile left over from casa Mike and Liz also some that I picked up from the parking lot of the old tile factory in Olean, NY.
- May 27, 2016 Jimmy helped cover the hole we made in the ceiling and I finished painting it...
- May 27, 2016 Placed wall tile where an old wood stove will go eventually.
- May 28, 2016 Installed brand new hardwood floors, well actually they are lament flooring but YOU would have never know if I did not tell you.
- July 5th, 2016 Hung some 'nostalgic' stuff around it and made it all pretty.
I also went on my annual tour to see people and go some places I have NOT been in a long time:
- First stop was Boone, NC, where I went to college. I just walked around the campus and reminisced and thought that there is NO WAY I could EVER get into this fine establishment today!
- Then went to Charleston, West ' BY GOD' Virginia to hang out with an old radio buddy who is very 'unique' and as he said it, "In EXILE" up there.
He took me to a FREE concert that night too!!! I consider Joe Walsh one of the most
'unappreciated' guitarist EVER!!
- The next day I drove up to Mansfield, OH to spend a day with my grandma McBride, YES! She is STILL alive!!! In her 90's and still pretty darn feisty!!! I also hung out with my cousin Chris! He and I are kindred souls! We both like doing the same stuff.
- The day after that, I drove up to Erie, PA and stayed at casa de Kaye for TACO NIGHT! Her daughter SHAY SHAY, showed me the WONDERFUL world of 'walking tacos'! WOO HOO!!!! I have SEEN the top of the mountain, AND it is GOOOOOOOOOOD! Anyways, Kaye is an old friend and her and I just hang out on the back porch and busted out old photo albums and we reminisce about stuff and laughed. She has 4 teenagers so it's needless to say that the house is ALWAYS busy. She also gave me a gift for the back room.
- It's an old pot belly stove that needs some TLC and will look AWESOME in the back room I just redid.
- The next day I drove to Allegany, NY but made a stop at the R.R museum in Salamanca. I went 20+ YEARS ago but I needed to go again for a refresher. Got a thing or two for the back room I just did. Hung out with Steve and Lynda K. I know I was a special guest because Lynda put on a bra for me. HA!
- Went to a wedding on Saturday, saw some relatives that are ALWAYS great to see at my cousin Karen's 'getting hitched' day
- Sunday, the majority of the Cawley Clan gathered up at the Sunny Hill camp site.
- Took my morning walk with an uncle of mine and I was SOOOOOOOOOO excited when he asked me if he could go with me! We just solved a few of the world's problems and talked about life! It was GREAT! AHHHHHH the simple things are the most precious!
- Monday: I hung out with an old friend who is sick BUT we still had a blast just hanging out and talking. I'm all about 'free will' but I will say that smoking= a very yucky and slow death...
- Tuesday: Evan K. (E-Train) and I went hiking at Rock City. We had fun hiking around and exploring. E-Train just turned 16 and is learning to drive, so I had him drive us to lunch. GOOD LORD! Teaching someone to drive through a 4 way stop sign and round about can be really stressful BUT he did a great job.
- Went up to Buffalo and had lunch with an old friend and checked out the Bills and Sabres stores. OH and the new Harbor Center is SWEEEEEEEEET!
- Another uncle along with his buddies took me canoeing on the Alleghany river
And I reminisced about when I was a kid and my buddies and I made 'Molotov cocktails' and would throw them against this old bridge. AHHHHH the stupid stuff we ALL did as kids!! If I did
that today, I would so be getting a knock on the door from 'homeland security'.
I am ashamed to say this BUT I had NEVER seen a bald eagle, OUR national bird, until that
day! I know, HELLO COMMUNIST!
- Then went to my BFF's house in Virginia. We hung out with some other friends, Mo and Travis.
for putting up with me! After a 6 month 'sabbatical' and a 1730 mile road trip, it's time for me to
look for a job... FYI- I am bored! Talk to y'all next month.